Registration for 2016/17 School Year at Rowland Unified
Open Enrollment for the 2016/17 school year in the Rowland Unified School District (RUSD) is here! Parents of children entering Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten and new students through grade 12 can pick up registration packets at any school starting Monday, February 1. For Rowland Registration information, call (626) 935-8260 (assistance is available in English, Chinese, Korean and Spanish) or visit www.RowlandSchools.org. If you need to locate your home school, visit www.RowlandSchools.org/MySchoolLocator.
This year the month of February will also be when Choice Open Enrollment applications will be accepted if parents wish for their child to attend another school within the Rowland Unified School District. Applications are available at all schools and the Pupil Services Office. Once a student is enrolled through this option, the new school becomes the home school and it is not necessary to complete a new request each year. The last day to turn in the Choice Open Enrollment Applications is February 29 by 4 p.m. to the Pupil Services Office located at 1928 S. Nogales Street in Rowland Heights.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) classes are available at all elementary schools throughout the District. TK is a bridge between preschool and Kindergarten, giving younger children (students who turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2) more time for hands-on, interactive learning. TK provides a high-quality Kindergarten readiness at no cost to parents with classes taught by credentialed teachers. For more questions about Transitional Kindergarten, parents can visit www.tkcalifornia.org or speak with RUSD TK Specialist Annabel Dannemann at (626) 854-8520 ext. 3105.
District Specialty Programs: RUSD is proud of its award-winning schools and enrichment programs. Below are just a few highlights. More information about all RUSD schools and programs can be found at www.RowlandSchools.org or by downloading the free Rowland Unified School District Mobile App, available on Apple or Android devices.
- All elementary schools, as well as selected intermediate schools in RUSD, offer before-and-after-school care starting at 6:30 a.m. with after school care until 6 p.m. by Options Surround Care, a licensed day-care provider. Additional after-school enrichment programs are throughout the District and vary at each school site.
- ACADEMICS: Other specialty programs include International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools, Advanced Placement (AP), HONORS, GATE, “No Excuses University” and AVID college culture schools.
- LANGUAGES: Across the District students can learn a foreign language. Spanish Dual Language Immersion and Bilingual Programs begin in Kindergarten, at Intermediate and High Schools Chinese, French, Pilipino and Spanish is offered.
- MUSIC AND ENRICHMENT: Rowland has a strong commitment to the arts and is one of the few Districts to offer instrumental music in all of its elementary, middle and high schools. The Elementary Instrumental Program begins with strings and band in 4th There is also a District Mariachi and District Honor Orchestra. Sports and enrichment programs such as Robotics, Engineering, Science Olympiad and after-school language classes are at several schools.
- COLLEGE & CAREER FOCUSED: Rowland Unified School District educators have been trained in the Common Core and the District is committed to teaching the new rigorous, research-based standards designed to prepare every student for success in college and the workforce. RUSD is proud that both Nogales and Rowland High Schools offer a wide array of AP and Honor Classes, the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the unique Career Certification Program, where students can study one of six career pathways: Arts & Communications, Business, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health & Medical Services, Public & Human Services, and Technology.Each year RUSD students are accepted and attend the nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities and earn more than $2 million in scholarships.