Hurley is one of 23 Rowland Unified School District sites. Built in 1962, Hurley serves approximately 650 students in grades K-6.
Hurley School provides an environment where learning is natural and exciting in order to help all children understand their world, become life-long learners, and build a better tomorrow.
Special Features and Programs
- Biliteracy Program for all grades, K-6
- Student Council
- Accelerated Reader
- K-3rd grades 20 students per class
- Beginning and Advanced Band
- Violin Classes
- Chorus for 4th grade
- Select Chorus for 5th & 6th grade
- Wonder of Reading Library
- Preschool classes are held on the Hurley School campus. Both Head Start and Options Preschool have classes.
- Healthy Start - the Children's Dental Clinic and the Healthy Start Project provides education to parents and medical care to students.
- The Community of Caring provides uniforms for needy students.
Hurley Parent Center offers parent orientation and assistance through a weekly meeting of parents in Room 61. Latino Family Literacy is one of the most popular courses.
The PTA has an active group of parents who support the educational program.
- Active parent groups also include School Site Council,
English Learner Advisory Council, and GATE Parent